Coronoa virus, Covid-19, social distancing, shielding, lockdown. You probably hadn’t heard of these words a few months ago, and now they’re impacting our lives in so many ways. And are likely to change our future in ways we couldn’t have imagined a few weeks ago.
I started working at home on Tuesday 17th March and my husband two days later. The last day of school was on 20th, and so the next day our stay at home adventure began.
I’m treating it as an adventure because having all four of us working from home is something completely new and we’re not sure how it’s going to work. I’m sure there will be a mix of emotions as we stay at home, but I want to look back on this time with positive memories. After all we’re fortunate to be together in our own home.
So I’ve decided to share a daily positive connected to us staying at home and social distancing. And one week in I’m enjoying the challenge of noticing positives and taking a photograph each day to share on Instagram. My positives this week were:
- School at home with the children enjoying the experience
- The children have had Zoom dance and piano classes and I’ve done dance and yoga
- We played CodeNames with friends using Zoom
- The weather has been lovely so the children spent lots of time outside
- I’ve started photographing years worth of kids artwork
- We’re having lots of snuggles on the sofa as we introduce the children to Star Wars
- At work we converted a large in person event online in ten days, something we would not have tried without social distancing
What have you found positive about social distancing? Why don’t you share them online using the #socialdistancingpositivity hashtag and help encourage each other to see the best in the situation.
If you’re not finding it easy to stay at home you maybe interested in a free two-day virtual conference ‘Finding Emotional Freedom in Lockdown’, starting 1st April. It is designed to help parents and familes and will include presentations, workshops and panel discussions on the following topics
- Helping your family deal with fear and stress
- Finding wellbeing in the face of deep loss and grief
- Getting along while living on top of each other
- Leaving school suddenly: helping our children navigate this new reality
- Overcoming loneliness whilst in isolation
- Keeping the kids sane during lockdown
- Security in the midst of financial insecurity
- Accessing your inbuilt compass to reconnect with your wellbeing
- Teaching our children about their innate resilience: a single global message for this time