So we’re now done with Spring and heading into summer. The weather has been amazing here in the UK recently, so it feels strange we’ve moved into a cooler spell as June arrived.
Did you make a big achievement in May, or continual progress on a big goal? Remember all progress is positive no matter whether it is small or big. What are you proud of starting, progressing or achieving in May?
Here are the things I want to celebrate:
- I sorted all the incorrect redirects on my site. For some reason I’d set some of them up so you got lost in a never ending loop of forwards.
- A second video, my 2nd in two months, I think it is a record. This one is for a party game we’ve reviewed.
- Correcting more technical issues on this site, after allowing them to build up over the last few years. I think it will take months to sort them out
- Sharing daily pandemic related journal prompts on Facebook and Twitter
- Or restarted my marketing course, I am not finding it easy to work on this consistently – if you’re doing a course at home how do you fit it in?
- Taking better photographs, maybe – t least I’ve now got a diffuser to help me soften the harsh shadows
- Finding some new recipes to try, with the arrival of 4 new cook books
- My branding – you will see it starting to appear more and more (I’m too impatient to wait for a big reveal all in one go)
- Designing my new website
- Building my son an ecommerce website, it is almost ready for testing. He really wants to be a shopkeeper and this seemed like a good learning project.
- Going on a family cycle, the first time M has been happy cycling on the roads
- Playing bingo via Zoom with blogging friends – there is even a chance to win Amazon vouchers thanks to the sponsor hosting company 34SP (I’m not connected to them in anyway, but grateful they provide the weekly prizes)
- Teaching B to make scones and celebrating Victory in Europe day with afternoon tea in the front garden
- Celebrating Mr Darktea’s birthday
- A picnic on the village green
- Seeing colour coming back into the garden, with the poppies blooming
I’d love to cheer on your progress, because we need the recognition and motivation that it is good to be making small changes. They are the small beginnings that with perseverance will help us make big changes.
What are you celebrating?